Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Key Word Activity...

Today I thought I'd talk about blog key word activity. For those of you with extra technical wizardry hooked into your template you already know this means words or phrases that were used to find YOUR blog as research on the internet. Below is an example of "key word activity" which caused someone to find my blog. Mobil's Jipzee Cab is the 5th reference when you look up "Bill Cowher extramarital affair".: (For link click on post title)
______________________________________________________________________

Mobil's Jipzee Cab
Grimm had recently broken off a two year affair with Ms. Coon. ... Bill Cowher, the Steeler coach and Jack Ham, a hall of fame linebacker, from the 70's ...
jipzeecab.blogspot.com/ - 153k

_____________________________________________________________________
I actually found this enormously amusing since there are in fact no real references derived when you google the Pittsburgh Steeler Coach's unyet determined hanky panky. I only mention Cowher once in my blog, briefly in an early post (January 12) noting simply that he had been interviewed on the radio. The word "affair" appears in the 'Life Imitates Art" post (October 13)and although the word "extramarital" doesn't appear it could have.
Because I am cheap and only track my last 100 visits (that's the "free" part) I only have three other "key word" searches at the moment.
"Snap-on Smile" and "Snap-on Dentures", (from the same post on July 30 ) and "Tiger Woods Swearing" (on August 22 although the "swearing part is in the comment section).
A week ago when oil profits were announced there were a lot of people looking at my "Screwing Exxon Mobil" post (August 26).
Obviously this is a fun byproduct of our blogging efforts.

Addendum: November 12, 2005 I am the number one reference in the world on Google if you ask the question; "Do you favor free mobil-mobil minutes on your cellphone?"
I think we've beaten this horse to death now.

Addendum: November 28, 2005 11:50 PM The Pittsburgh Steelers are losing badly to the Indianapolis Colts. I have had two Bill Cowher extramarital affair hits since the beginning of the 4th quarter. Oh, I'm now the number 1 and number 2 google references for that subject!

6 Comments:

At 12:46 AM , Blogger Nicko McDave said...

It can be embarassing what kind of searches bring people to a blog. There are, I reckon, about four people who read my blog regularly. Everyone else surfs in via a search engine.

Most of my hits are from two image searches. Apparently I am number one in Google Image Search for force lightning. And "cow crossing signs" brings me a few extra hits.

Perhaps I ought to do more posts on Darth Sidious and rural traffic laws to increase my traffic. With pictures, of course.

 
At 12:45 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

Bridget,
Hope your recovery is going well..So much for timing..
All day I've been promising myself to call a dental surgeon for a molar that my regular dentist told me to get rid of..problem is it only hurts when he sticks his pick in it..tomorow afternoon that's when..yeah that's it...

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

J,
Here's something actually dangerous..I'm the 96th reference if you look up "Jack Ham" extramarital affair.

 
At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It agree, very good piece

 
At 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

 
At 5:50 AM , Anonymous nifty org tg stories said...

I told him I would be hissex slave and that I would do whatever he wanted, whenever hewanted and wherever he wanted. Shut up or the next ones between the eyes.
free young teen sex stories
first fuck stories
erotic stories xnxx
erotic sleeping sex stories
kristen archives-just incest stories
I told him I would be hissex slave and that I would do whatever he wanted, whenever hewanted and wherever he wanted. Shut up or the next ones between the eyes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test