Wednesday, October 05, 2005

PDA ing...

Yesterday I purchased probably the last “palm pda” I will ever buy. I have now owned 5 of them in 4 ½ years.
The first I think was a “Palm III” which I got in March of 2001. I broke the screen on it that July and immediately purchased an m100 to save the data. The m100 still works as good as new. It just needs some batteries.
In June of 2002 I bought a “color m130. This lasted only 6 months because the “digitizer” was damaged when I dropped it.
In January of 2003 I got an m515 to replace the m130. It has served me fine until recently. It still works very well. Unfortunately besides keeping appointment records and fitness records in it I use it mainly to play a child’s game called “placer racer”. After playing this game for about ten minutes the “digitizer” starts freezing up and causes me to “lose”.
I confess that I am addicted to this game. I started playing it a little over two years ago as an activity which I pursue while listening to the radio. This past April I finally won…it ends at level “255”. I haven’t gotten past level “140” since.
My new “Zire 72” comes with all kinds of bells and whistles the M515 didn’t have..like a built in video camera and mp3 capability, bluetooth etc. I got it really cheap because it is being discontinued…the Palm OS operating platform will soon be history.
Jim Meredith a Pittsburgh area investment guru predicted several years ago that eventually each of us will have an all purpose handheld which will combine computing,tv and communications all in one.
The Sony Treo, the last palm OS device, is an already obsolete step in that direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test