Thursday, February 08, 2007

Science Fiction Writer...

I ran across this one somewhere yesterday:


I am:
Robert A. Heinlein
Beginning with technological action stories and progressing to epics with religious overtones, this take-no-prisoners writer racked up some huge sales numbers.


Which science fiction writer are you?


I read a lot of Sci-Fi when I was a kid. My father had a huge collection, mostly paperbacks.
I read more Robert Heinlein than any other writer. Could he have influenced my outlook of the world in such a way that I would someday score as him on this test..?
That's a really scary thought!

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are ... John Brunner!

His best known works are dystopias -- vivid realizations of the futures we want to avoid."

Huh? Never heard of him, and I am no stranger to science fiction. I guess I was secretly hoping I'd pop out as William Gibson - stylish, smart, and ridiculously accurate when it comes to predicting the future. Good news is, at least I'm not Hubbard, who was clearly a possibility based on some of the questions.

-The Redington Pirate.

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

On June 22,2005 a blogger called Richard Koehler suggested to me that I read some Gibson..

 
At 12:11 AM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I couldn't get linked to the "sci-fi writer quiz" - I'll try again at a later time.

I read Heinlein as a kid, but I wasn't a big fan of his. I was sci-fi weaned on Doc E.E.Smith's Lensmen series, and Andre Norton.

My favorite now is James P. Hogan.

The quiz would've probably matched me up with Douglas Adams.

Both Gigson and Brunner are excellent.

One of my prized possessions is an autographed leather-bound, gold leaf copy of "Brothers" by Ben Bova. (It is #1329 of 1500 of the 1st edition.) Sadly, I haven't taken the time to sit down and read it yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test