Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Doctor Visit...

Today I went for what passes as an annual checkup. I really hate to go to these because I already know what I’m paying for the Doctor to say.
I had previously done the blood test thing and the nurse had done her visit prep thing like an electrocardiagram (which for some reason had a dozen of those chest hair pulling tabs this time), blood pressure check etc. and I was sitting there waiting for my physician to come into the exam room.
The door finally opens to reveal that my late fortyish doctor has gone completely gray since last year, his mustache, beard, hair..everything.
So he does his thing with the stethoscope and all, checks my file and asks if I’ve had problems, questions, anything..
I decline the opportunity to brag about the fact that I’ve swum over 80,000 meters (50 miles) since I last came for a visit.
He finishes with the file comes toward me talking as he walks. “Well, blood pressure is good, cholesterol is good, heart is excellent.”
He swings around behind me and leans down inches from my right ear and whispers as if a hypnotic suggestion..
“Lose some weight!”

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

After all that excercise schedule you too have a weight problem?

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Weight is a problem because it typically increases cholesterol, blood pressure, and those other things that you seem to be AOK on. His advice seems almost robotic... I wonder what those words of wisdom cost you? Hehehe

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

$ 15.00 copay..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test