Friday, October 20, 2006

SPAM Candidate...

My comment section was "spammed" last evening by the political campaign representing the candidate pictured here.
I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.
Said candidate has his own blog which doesn't allow comments.
He doesn't indicate any party affiliation although he is running against a well entrenched Democrat member of the State Assembly.
I've already deleted his comment as I do all SPAM when it appears...
As one who spent a few years deeply involved in local politics I would make the following suggestion to him.
If you want to get elected to this particular office... next time run against him in the Democratic Primary. Get out and knock on the door of EVERY residence in the district and ask those who answer to vote for you..a campaign tactic your opponent has probably long since forgotten the usefulness of. You will be surprised at the result.
That will do you a lot more good then sending spam to the comment section of blogs that aren't read by anyone who lives in your area.

5 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

That's the first time I have heard of a politician using spam. I agree with you, he wouldn't get my vote based on a blog.

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger Nicko McDave said...

The same comment spam was left in my comments section, too. Normally it would bug me, but it's kind of cool getting a comment from Ice-T.

 
At 4:21 AM , Blogger Newsandseduction said...

Absolutely Jip.

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Using Spam as a pro-vote approach? Where has this guy been? That spells instant turn off to me. I hope the polls reflect his just desserts. Please be sure to let us know.

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Newsandseduction said...

I rember former Indian PM reportedly calling baffaled people, who never met him personally, over mobile, asking for their votes to his party; that finally lost in the last general elections.The questions were raised if it was an intrusion into the privacy of the people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test