Friday, October 06, 2006

Netless Again...

In my bizarre world of Star Trekian cable mergers the Comcastians have finally overwhelmed the Adelphians and I am temporarily the worse off for it (Ohligarch who opted for Verizon DSL warned me this would happen someday).
Yesterday Adelphia customers were switched over to the Comcast server and the new server won’t recognize my combo wireless modem so I am without internet service until this coming Tuesday noon which is the earliest Comcast can get one of their service contractors out to fix it.So I’ve had to “take it to the streets”, this morning to get an urgent message out to my Nepal pen pal which was delayed 24 hours and this evening to generally get caught up on all the things I’ve come to depend on the internet for (like how my portfolio is doing). By taking it to the streets I mean hopping in the Malibu Maxx with my low tech laptop and sponging off some poor sap’s unsecured wireless Linxys system or setting up in a Brueggers or Borders until the battery runs down.
So I’m off to do that and put up this emergency post.
I’ll be getting a new Comcastian e-mail address soon..or so they say...

10 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger Nicko McDave said...

Not DSL, Dude. I have FIOS. It's like A.D. 2015 already in my house. For less than Comcast's high-speed, I get a four-port adapter, plus a local wireless network...

I'd better stop before I catch you burning up a laptop outside of my window.

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

Ohli,
Now I really am jealous.

 
At 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jip baby~~wuzzzup?
Sorry I haven't been around, I am trying 2 open a business, and boy, it takes up all my time and then some....

I'll make it up 2 ya, Go HERE and check out your site if U were "jive-talkin" us....
it is hahahaaaalarious!!!! Enjoy!
:)

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

*bender,
That's a riot!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Newsandseduction said...

Thanks Jip. For all the trouble you took. I am grateful.

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Here in Northern VA, Adelphia provided high speed to Louden county that was widely disparaged, and Comcast has the contract in Alexandria, and they seem to be satisfied. I have Cox (in outter Alexandria) and have never had a down moment in the five years I've had Broadband. Hope you get the same new service!

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I have had Comcast for years and for the most part I am very satisfied with their service. The high speed service is great - it's a shame it is also high-priced. But I refuse to swith back to DSL even if it is a lot cheaper.

Good luck on getting reconnected soon.

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Funny,
The Eagles Greatest Live has been in my car CD player for a month and I can't get enough. Nice surprise to hear the audio here :)

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Newsandseduction said...

Here we have internet cafes spread over. One can pop in and surf for just 15 repees an hour. having it at home is more expensive.

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

What a nightmare. I've had Cox here in Northern Virginia, with high speed, cable, and now phone, and have never had a problem that wasn't nearly immediately resolved. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test