Friday, February 02, 2007

Ultimate Splash Screen...

I know very little about computers. What I do know I have mostly acquired from trial and error following some limited introductory training. I have learned my way around the original blogspot blog. I can do most of the basic functions to post and maintain a site.
I’ve taught myself among other things how to create links, put up some pictures and turn things on and off. I’ve also learned some other tricks from using a firefox browser which I won’t disclose I know.
Having said that I still don’t know a lot of the basics which most computer users take for granted. For instance I’m e-mail illiterate in that I don’t know how to do anything other than send a basic message.
I am, however, fascinated with what I will call “splash screens”. I discovered these about a year ago when I was trying to listen to an Australian radio station over the internet. After downloading a “Windows 10 media player” I found that while listening to this particular station a “visual kaleidoscope of light” was emitted from my computer screen to the accompaniment of the music. The colors and shapes changed and moved with the rhythm and tones of the sound. Now that changes the music in that it is no longer just an auditory experience.
Anyway, since then I have listened to various radio feeds in all types of musical genre from all over the world and experienced their “splash screens”. I thought they were all the same but I recently have discovered one that is so good it can be enjoyed even with the music turned off. For some unknown reason the colors and blending and movements are by far the best I’ve seen thus far. I don’t know what causes this. As far as I’m aware what one is really looking at are fluctuations in electronic waves created within ones own computer. However if anyone else out there has experienced “splash screens” and wants to check this one out go to:

here

Scroll down the chart to number nine which says: in big letters: CLASSIC FM NL which is from Naarden, NL (Netherlands). Go over to the windows media player box on the right and click on:

ClassicFM NL 96K
Stereo

Of course you need to have windows media player 9 or above to do this which you can usually download for free from one of these sites if you don’t have it.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Jipzee Cab:
You have a virtual pet, a blogroll, graphics, nice colors, comments, etc., so you know what the rest of us know. If you're interested in YouTube, go to their site, and they tell you how to send something to your blog - it's that easy.
I remember when you sleuthed to find my crazy stawker, and tracked him down everytime, so you have more saavy than you give yourself credit for. BTW, he quit bothering me after he found out he could run but he couldn't hide - so I'm still grateful to you. What a nightmare that ridiculous episode was!
Best,
Don

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test