Monday, July 18, 2005

Missing Baxter..

The current newspaper supplement mini magazine "Life" this weekend has an ad on the inside of the front cover picturing the face of an aging black lab. The ad promotes a new evening show about veterinarians on "Animal Planet".
My best friend had a black Labrador retriever named "Baxter" for 13 years. Over the past seven plus years Baxter became my other best friend. We used to watch tv together late at night and we played a lot of tug-of-war. I always loved the opportunity to let him out of the house and wait for his return early in the morning.
Baxter became very ill in his last year and was put to sleep about sixteen months ago.
I really miss Baxter whenever I think of him.
Nowadays I miss his former mistress as well.
Someday if I ever have a place of my own again I’m going to get myself a Lab to keep me company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test