Friday, June 17, 2005

Rolling Down Recovery's Road...

I feel I’ve turned a major corner on my road to recovery this morning. I no longer have the intense pain on the bruised left side of my rib cage which characterized days 2,3, and 4. My right arm is about 85 % and some of the swelling in the elbow area has gone down. I had a larger right bicep/tricep than Mark McGuire on “roids” there for a couple of days and the massive bruise on the inside of the middle area of my right arm has started turning from deep purple toward that dull green I’ve so been looking forward to. My left arm has been able to lift itself up to the keyboard without assistance this morning although I would characterize its recovery at only about 45 %. I no longer feel I am single handedly contributing to the bottom line of McNeil - PPC, Inc., the makers of extended release Tylenol.A good thing too...after yesterday I only have 7 of those dime sized percosets left. I got through last night with just one.I tried to swim a little backstroke last evening at the club. It wasn’t pretty but I had almost full range of movement for both arms in the water. I was trying not to get my face wet while the cut above my lip is healing. The excess bonding substance came out of it on Thursday and peeled away like elmer’s glue on a child’s hand. The cut remained closed and doesn’t show any signs of infection.Oh...do I feel better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test