Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Daily Trebekking...

My mother and I have been watching “Jeopardy “ together most evenings since I returned home in 1995. I’m surprised at how well I do on the questions… of course the key to winning on the show when you have a knowledgeable background is the timing of your ringing in. I would say that generally speaking I know about sixty five percent of the answers.
One little “sub game” that my mother and I have developed since we started watching together is we each attempt “to divine” the answer to the final question from just knowing the “category” and not yet knowing what the question actually is. Believe it or not we each in any given year have been able to guess the final answer on more than one occasion.
Tonight the category was “notorious”. My mother immediately said “Al Capone” and I said “John Dillinger” before the show went to the last commercial break preceding the final question.
The final question was something like: This person in 1934 had painful plastic surgery which left him looking pretty much the same as he had shortly before his death.”
My mother and I both realized the answer couldn’t be Al Capone because he died in the 1950’s so she updated her final answer to “Pretty Boy Floyd”. I stuck with my John Dillinger.
The answer of course was John Dillinger which the ultimate winning contestant had written. The two losing contestants had written “Al Capone”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test