Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cereal as a Snack...

Cereal as a snack is certainly not an original idea. Most children home from school in the afternoon discovered it long ago. Individual cereal bits have been turning up in "potpourri" type snack mixes for decades.
The other night while looking for a snack food I happened upon a product called "Quaker SnackMix, a lone bag of it some grocery customer had dropped on some other snack product's shelf space (the one that starts with a "G"). Since I hadn't seen this one before I purchased it.
At home I tried the new snack mix and found it unremarkable except for one thing. There were these wonderful tasting little rectangular cereal morsels appearing to be like a shredded wheat product but much denser in composition. Reading the ingredients of the snack I learned these were called "Quaker Oatmeal Squares". I resolved to purchase a box of that cereal if it existed.
This morning I found some in the cereal section of the Shop-n-save. It's expensive though ($ 5.00 for a 16 oz box).
Anyway, I'm happily sitting here chewing on this stuff as I write..

5 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the stuff (Quaker Oatmeal Squares).
- The South Tampa Pirate

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I like the Quaker Oatmeal Squares. They do make a great snack - they sure beat the heck out of Twinkies!

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this must be genetic. I like it as cereal and a snack, too. - the Duchess of Cardinal Trace

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Nicko McDave said...

The first pre-packaged cereal-snack product that I can recall is Chex Mix. For years, there were simple recipes on boxes of Chex telling us how we could make a nice party snack by putting Chex in a big bowl with pretzel sticks, Cheez-Its, peanuts, and any other small munchies you happened to have lying around the house.

Then along came Chex Mix, and stifled our creativity. Why? Are people that incompetent these days?

I'll munch my cereal straight out of the box, thank you very much. No mixers, please.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
عزل الخزانات الارضية بالرياض
رش مبيد بالرياض
مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركات نقل اثاث في الرياض
شركة تنظيف الموكيت

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test