Friday, August 10, 2007

Elvis's What....?

As you probably all know and I have recently become aware, after you bid successfully on E-bay for an item you begin to receive communications from them on a periodic basis. One could declare such messages SPAM I suppose but since they only come about once a week I’m putting up with them.Today came the opportunity to bid on “Elvis’s Piano”. The white baby grand appeared next to “the Boss’s upright” something possibly more affordable.Yep, looks like all the keys are there!
I’m checking to see if I have the requisite quarter $million sitting around to participate in this special auction. Nope, not after yesterday’s Wall Street bloodbath….
Ah shucks, I wouldn’t have had a place to put it anyway.
Thank-ooh-very-much!

4 Comments:

At 11:13 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I'll say there was a bloodbath on Wall Street - almost 400 points?

AS promised, part 2 of my short story "Her Cups Runneth Over" has been posted on Fri 8/10. You can pick up where you left off HERE .

It feels like there will be a total of three installments.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Bridget Jones said...

you really didn't bid on either thing, did you???? Yikers.

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger d.K. said...

Maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll start to auction off the piano "strings"... more in my financial league, I should think.

 
At 3:29 AM , Blogger jipzeecab said...

As near as I can tell there were 2 bids on the piano but neither could satisfy e-bay or the seller that they were capable of meeting the $250,000 "reserve" required to participate before the auction ended Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test