Friday, January 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Sports Streaks

Bloggers usually write about what’s on their minds. I haven’t written much recently because I’m a BIG sports FAN and that’s what has been on my mind. Unfortunately most of my regular blogging audience doesn’t really respond when I write about sports. Which is probably the way it should be because sports tends to be a localized and I am building an international audience.
Three of my favorite sports teams are involved in STREAKS at the moment:
The Ice Hockey playing Penguins are in last place and unfortunately have lost 8 games in a row…and I’ve watched about 80 percent of their games on TV. Here is a picture of Sid “the kid” Crosby who is having a great “rookie” season despite the team's poor performance.
The next team is the University of Pittsburgh basketball Panthers who are undefeated with a record of 15 and 0 ( 4 and 0 in the Big East). This was a surprise to us locally who thought last years graduation would leave the team weak for a few years.
Finally there are the Pittsburgh Steelers who through last weekend's defeat of the Indianapolis Colts have made their way to the AFC Championship Game this Sunday in Denver. The Steelers have won their last 6 games.
Locally the populace has spent this past week lamenting the bad officiating in the Colts game instead of getting excited about playing Denver. This has led some national commentators to assert that the Steelers will lose because their fans think last week was their “superbowl”. I hope they are wrong.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger NoPT4Lent said...

Personally, I'm not big into sports. That's Phinky's job. I'm a college football widow on Saturdays, and she got bit by the golf bug (ewwwww).

I may have been bastardized by moving all over the world by the whims of the Army, and a Beltway Bandit transplant, but I've always been a Pgh sports fan and will continue to be.

I grew up 12 miles up the Allegheny in Oakmont, and my father's famous quote was "I went to the fight, and a hockey game broke out." He lived for going to the Igloo for a weekend home game.

 
At 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment jip, and the concern. I too like sports but mostly Tennis or cricket. I played Badminton during my college days. Apart from your mother, who else make your family? What job you do exactly? If you do not mind, pl. tell me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Speakeasy Speed Test